This is something I made when I didn’t know what to make.. but it turned out very yummy! A balsamic reduction was the perfect component to bring these treats from basic to remarkable. Definitely a great BBQ or party munchy with a major comfort food vibe.
- Pastry dough, 1 sheet
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp capers
- Few slices turkey breast
- Few slices provolone
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup or so of balsamic reduction (1/2 cup balsamic heated on low heat till thickened)
- Baking sheet
- Frying pan, for onion
- Flour, for dough
- Prep pastry dough as per box instructions. (Thaw, handle with flour, preheat oven, 400*.) Lay out dough.
- Melt butter in frying pan, add onion and cook in med hi till browned. Add capers when onion is nearly finished cooking.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and mustard, brush over dough’s “up” side.
- Thinly layer turkey, cheese, onions. Roll dough carefully, starting at side closest to you. Try to seal roll as best as possible. Cut in 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on greased baking sheet.
- Brush each with egg mixture.
- Cook for about 15-17 mins, until golden brown.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.